Patient Navigation and Coordination
Getting the right answer at the right time is often difficult. Sometimes it can feel like finding a needle in a haystack. With decades of this experience, Help4U's Patient Navigation and Referral Service can help you with that search, and provide the needed answers.
Help4U established the Patient Navigation and Coordination Service back in 2007, with the focus on providing both patients and health professionals with the answers they need, when they need them, to keep patient care moving. Using our knowledge, experience and connections, Help4U works with General Practitioners and patients, to gain answers needed from providers, such as the hospital or NGOs, to secure peace of mind and continuation of care.
Help4U provides a service designed to support patients to optimise their physical, psychological, social, behavioural, and environmental health. We work with public providers, private providers, charities, and non-governmental organisations to be able to do this.
We are the single point of contact for all services in the health system.
We do this because Health is created and lived by people within the settings of their everyday life; where they learn, work, play and love. Providing access to an entire range of services and giving them more choice, helps to improve their daily life. This, in turn, helps create good health and wellness.
Each General Practitioner uses us differently, depending on a variety of factors such as location, population, and age. We complete the following tasks week in, and out.
– Confirming the receipt of referral
– Finding the Triage Status, and approximate waiting time
– Following up, and ensuring the patient is being seen in that waiting time
Referral to the Right Place
– Up to date pathway information
– Contact details and availability of potential providers
– Talking to the patient about their preferences
Booking and rescheduling appointments
– Private and Public Appointments
– Urgent appointments and the next available appointments
– Coordination of multiple appointments for the same day
Appointment and Admission Follow-up
– Discharge summaries and letters provided as soon as possible
– Coordinate and track the subsequent appointment or follow-up
– Communication with the patient and practice with relevant information
Organisation of other patient support
– Help with costs of care through WINZ, ACC, and Charities
– Organising transport to and from appointments
– Social Group membership and Visits of social providers (Age Concern etc.)
Providing Practice Support
– Get pricing and other information regarding the supply of consumable goods and medical equipment
– Education visits from other health and social providers
– Information regarding funding, programmes, and other services
Updating Patient Information
– Advising providers of address changes or other information
– Arranging the transfer of notes from provider to provider
– Rescheduling of appointments depending on patient availability
Help4U is more than just people behind a desk. Like you, we have been in the midst of trying to get answers to our own health journey, or for our family.
We know how it feels.
General Practitioners Services
Sometimes, resources are too tight to go that mile beyond the extra mile. Sometimes, the questions you need to ask are just not known.
With Help4U, we work with you to gain the best outcome possible for your patients.